Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I watched this clip today, and had to swallow my sobs. I don't know why I cry like a baby whenever I hear Kelle Hampton's birth story. Makes me wonder if I have pent-up emotions about my own special birth.

I love hearing the kids' personal prayers at bedtime. We have a ritual; we pray, and then theoretically, they are supposed to get into bed so I can sing to them and get on with my evening. But they like taking this one icon of the Theotokos and saying their own personal prayers. Here's Kypa's on any given day: "Сибо Божка сииильм! Сибо Божка Мэри Поппинс!" which is "Thank you God for movies! Thank you God for Mary Poppins!" Tonight Manya's made me laugh out loud: "Пожалуйста Боженька помоги мне что бы я не проглатила зуб!" Please, God, help me not to swallow my tooth!  You can't make this stuff up, people!

But on that note, I can't believe that Daughter's tooth is loose already! She's not even five! So you know where my paranoid, crazy mother thoughts took me? If she loses teeth early, is she on the fast track in physical development? Is she going to get her period early too?! I know, I know. I'm crazy. But my thoughts did go there.

Can I just say that I love love love how much Baby is signing? I love how he tells us when he's tired at night. He will walk up, bang on your arm and make the sign for sleep. Or he'll walk to the bottom of the stairs and point up. He's 15 months and only says Mama, Papa, Boo! and Ho-ho-ho (Santa), what a weird combination, I know! But at least he can sign to tell us that he's hungry, wants more, is done, is thirsty, needs a diaper change or wants to go to sleep. With Baby being the third, I doubt I'll be waiting on my tip-toes to hear Baby talk...I waited for Son and Daughter, and now I can't get a word in edgewise! I never thought the words would come out of my mouth, but I did tell Son one day - You are talking too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment