Thursday, February 16, 2012

This morning, as Daughter curled up in bed with me, I whispered, "Я тебя очень люблю" "I love you very much" and she replied, sleepily, "А я тебя еще больше люблю" "and I love you even more" It doesn't get any better than that.
Husband and I had a spur of the moment night out last night. Valentine's Day is just about flowers and chocolate in our house, because it's the eve of The Entrance of our Lord Jesus Christ into the Temple. Husband went all out for Daughter, and traveled the world of CVSes to buy her a battery operated rose that blooms. And I received the most beautiful bouquet I've gotten from him from 1800flowers.com
The lillies have smelled up the whole first floor of our house- and they are just as beautiful as the picture. Thankfully, there were no red roses in my bouquet....definitely ruins the bouquet....Anyway, Husband was texting me at work asking me when I would be home. I joked back saying - why? Are you surprising me with a babysitter and a night out? And that is exactly what he did! Of course I was the one who set it in motion, but as my father always says, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Or in my case, you have to say what you want! I don't know what the magical recipe of the evening was, but it is one that will linger in my memory for a long time. The mood was light, we talked and laughed a lot. Married almost 11 years, and we're still not that couple (who we did see at the restaurant) that silently eats together, yet separately.
On another note, I have been reading this author,Stephanie Haddad. Last week I downloaded her book, A Previous Engagement, onto my Kindle, which was available for free.

You never know what you're going to get with the free books, but it never hurts to download a book and try it out. Especially if it's free! If I hate the writing (which happens more often than I would like), I just delete it from my Kindle. Stephanie Haddad's writing captured me right away, and kept me reading. In fact, I read her second book (I paid1.99 or 2.99) in one evening, because I couldn't put it down.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't literature, and it isn't deep. It's Emily Giffin style, or Sophie Kinsella. She is funny and light, and the plots are worth sticking with to the end. I highly recommend her, and I can't wait till her third book is out. I read an excerpt over lunch today, and maybe it's a good thing I don't have it, because I'd be slamming through it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment